We’ve all been there. You’re lying in bed, feeling exhausted and wanting desperately to get to sleep but your mind’s racing with thoughts about the day and your body won’t relax. Or you’re awake at 3am, knowing you need more sleep but unable to stop compiling tomorrow’s to-do list and feeling more anxious as the clock ticks towards dawn. You drag yourself out of bed in the morning, feeling terrible and worried about how you’re going to get everything done today.
Imagine if you could make a few changes to your evening routine that meant you unwind before you go to bed and then fall asleep easily. And if you could feel relaxed whether you sleep through or wake up in the middle of the night, because you’ve got tools and techniques you can use to manage and recharge your energy during the day – no matter how busy you are.
If you’ve been struggling with insomnia for a while you’ve probably tried every cure – from lavender eye masks to sleeping pills. And if you’re reading this, those sleep remedies probably haven’t worked well enough.
Here’s the thing – to create real change in your sleeping patterns using natural remedies, you might need to take a longer term view. Because sleeping better happens via a gradual process:
- first, you need to find out why you’re not sleeping and learn how to sleep better, using tools and resources that support your body and help create real sleep that’ll actually nourish you
- then you need to implement small changes gradually so the change is sustainable over time
- and finally, you need to observe and reflect on what really works for you and decide on your personal set of super sleep routines and tools.
There are actually 7 specific steps to sleeping better tonight and for the rest of your life:
- Know that you can work with your body and mind to get better sleep
- Get a handle on what’s wrecking your rest to eliminate those rest wreckers from your day (daily habits + sleep log)
- Pull tension out of your body when it’s time to sleep (yoga poses, feedback body to brain)
- Get on the sleep bus when it’s there (listen to your body)
- Manage your energy – like a solar panel – so you’re tired and awake at the right times (circadian rhythms + how they affect us)
- Re-train your brain in how to rest (taking you out of hyper vigilance mode, creating new brainwave patterns)
- Sort through the stuff that ‘keeps you awake at night’ with some simple techniques during the day, so you can rest assured later.
If you’re ready to learn more and start taking those steps towards better sleep forever, check out my 6 week, step by step online course.